Overdraft protection is a service to help you prevent returned checks and overdrafts on your checking account. With overdraft protection, available funds from your savings account are automatically transferred to your checking account should you overdraw your account.
What fees will I be charged if evolve Federal Credit Union uses overdraft protection on my account?
The credit union charges $1.00 per overdraft transfer occurrence.
Overdraft Privilege is a benefit offered as a courtesy to our checking account members in good standing. At the credit union's discretion, it may provide coverage of a reasonable overdraft up to a predetermined amount, making the checking account nearly bounce proof. If evolve FCU elects to pay an overdraft item, the standard service fee will be charged but the overdrawing check will not be returned.
After 60 days, a new checking account in good standing is eligible to start enjoying the benefits of Overdraft Privilege which may provide up to $750 in courtesy overdraft protection.
- Overdraft Privilege takes the worry out of writing a check larger than the balance in the account.
- Reduces the overall fees associated with returned check charges.
- Eliminates embarrassing merchant collection procedures.
- Can be accessed with your evolve FCU Master Check Card with your consent.
What fees will I be charged if evolve FCU pays my overdraft using Overdraft Privilege?
- Accounts will be charged the standard Overdraft fee of $32 for handling each overdraft created by check, ACH, Point-of-Sale, ATM withdrawal, in-person withdrawal, or other electronic item that is paid and $32 for items returned.
- An overdrawn balance must be repaid within 35 days. We may not pay items under your overdraft privilege if you do not maintain your account in good standing by bringing your account to a positive balance within every thirty-five (35) day period for a minimum of 24 hours, if you default on any loan or other obligation to evolve FCU or if your account is subject to any legal or administrative order or "levy.”
- There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
- Click here to read our Discretionary Disclosure.
What if I want to authorize evolve FCU to pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
evolve Federal Credit Union will not pay overdrafts for ATM or everyday debit card transactions unless you have given your consent by opting in to the payment of these overdrafts. Please click here for more information about opting into extend your Overdraft Privilege coverage.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING AVAILABLE BALANCE.
evolve FCU authorizes and pays transactions using the available balance in your account. The available balance is comprised of the ledger balance (collected funds) less any debit card holds, and does not include any deposited funds on hold. evolve FCU may place a hold on deposited funds in accordance with our Deposit Account Agreement and Disclosure. If the funds in the available balance are not sufficient to cover a transaction, any available overdraft protection and/or the amount of the $750 limit for checking accounts, may be used to authorize and pay a transaction.
evolve FCU will place a hold on your account for any authorized debit card transaction until the transaction settles (usually within two business days) or as permitted by payment system rules. In some cases, the hold may exceed the amount of the transaction. When the hold ends the funds will be added to the available balance in your account. If your account is overdrawn after the held funds are added to the available balance and the transaction is posted to the available balance, a $29 Fee may be assessed. Please call us at 915-593-5866 if you have any questions.