evolve Federal Credit Union is Looking for Volunteers to Fill Board Positions
Credit Unions are not-for-profit cooperatives that are owned by their members, with a Board of Directors who oversee the overall operations of the institution. This unique philosophy is what sets credit unions apart from other financial institutions, and without a volunteer Board of Directors, they would not be able to provide low-cost services.
If you'd like to be more involved with evolve Federal Credit Union and have a strong desire to help the organization continue to succeed and grow, we encourage you to apply for a position on the Board of Directors.
Each member of the Board of Directors is nominated by the Nominating Committee and elected by the members to serve a three-year term with a term limit of three terms or a maximum term of service of 9 years. The Board sets policy and directs Management in the overall running of the Credit Union.
· Make strategic decisions regarding the course of action for the Credit Union by establishing objectives, formulating policy and approving goals and programs.
· Participate in standing committees as appointed by the Board chair.
· Ensure that the Credit Union meets all federal and state regulations and guidelines.
· Monitor activities of and appointments to the Supervisory Committee.
· Maintain, review and update the Credit Union bylaws.
· Maintain the confidentiality of all Credit Union business.
· Attend and actively participate in monthly Board meetings and the annual planning session.
· Set rates on savings and loan products. Establish pricing policy on member services and fees.
· Approve pay practices and benefits for Credit Union staff as recommended by management.
· Attend monthly Board and Committee meetings as assigned.
· Thoroughly review Board packets prior to each Board meeting.
· Disclose possible conflicts of interest and refrain from voting on issues related to the conflict.
· Give all assistance possible to fellow board members, appointed officer and employees of the Credit Union in the discharge of the duties of their offices and positions.
· Be aware of state and federal political issues regarding the credit union movement.
Volunteer qualifications for Board of Director and Supervisory Committee positions include:
· Must be a member in good standing.
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· Must be bondable by the Credit Union's fidelity bond company.
· Must authorize a criminal background check and a credit check.
· Must meet the requirments outlined in the code of ethics.
Interested applicants can submit their resume to:
evolve Federal Credit Union Administration Building, located at 8820 Gazelle Drive, El Paso, Texas 79925. Resumes must be submitted by 10/31/2017.
For more information or questions, please contact Ken Walters, President and CEO, by calling (915) 593-5866.
Nominations will be announced on 12/31/2017.