For the next two weeks, August 30th – September 10th, evolve FCU will be hosting a fundraiser benefiting THE defenders of potential, Big Brothers Big Sisters of El Paso. As one of evolve FCU’s community partners, the credit union’s goal for this campaign is to raise donations for the organization and increase awareness of BBBS’s mission to “create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth.” There are currently over 200 kids in El Paso that are signed up in this program still waiting for a mentor. Some of the lifelong benefits of a child having a positive mentor in their life include increased performance in school, building stronger relationships with family and peers, minimizing risky behaviors, and increasing college attendance.
Ways you can support our local chapter of Big Brothers Big Sisters:
- Make a monetary donation.
- Become a BIG and mentor a LITTLE.
- Become a dancer in this year’s Dance for Kids’ Sake annual fundraiser
- No dance experience necessary!
- Three months of complementary once-a-week dance lessons.
- Partner studio include Desert Eagle Productions Dance Studio, Shundo Ballroom Dance Studio, Breakin' Beats Dance Studio, and Expressions Dance Academy.
For more information about becoming a BIG or for signing up to become a dancer in Dance for Kids’ Sake, please visit https://www.bbbsep.org/ or email Rebecca Romero at email@example.com.
Remember, no matter how BIG or how LITTLE, anything helps! Thank you for your support!